Thursday, September 28, 2017

Life Update (Quite Possibly The Longest Post Ever)

My days have been filled to the brim lately, with all kinds of activities, including classes, lab sessions, looking for an apartment, struggling to find inspiration and time to work on the blog, and still trying to maintain some kind of social life.
My classes are going well (thanks for wondering, if you did), I feel like I understand most of the new material and it’s pretty much smooth sailing, if they didn’t take up so much damn time that is. I try to attend everything, but since some of the classes crash on my schedule, I have to prioritize between attending classes and studying alone, something that’s both hard and easy at the same time, depending on the class itself. The group assignments I’m in are going good so far, even though the other’s schedules often don’t match with mine since I’m taking so many classes this year I try to do my part of the assignments.
As for the apartment searching, it’s not going all too well. It’s high season on small apartments in every city filled with students at the moment, and I’m really feeling it. I try to stay optimistic though, which is so far pretty easy, since I don’t really have any kind of pressure but my own to find a new one: I still have my old place, and I’m not in any particular hurry, though I would love to move out as soon as possible. I actually have two apartment showings to attend today, and I’m looking forward to both of them.
As for the blog, I’m not 100% pleased with how it’s going: I feel I have a hard time finding stuff to write about some days, and other times I don’t find the time to get all the ideas out of my head and down into my documents. I think it’s the stress that’s getting to me creatively, and all I can do about it is hope that I’ll get through it. Creative frustration is one of the worst things to experience, if you ask me, because it has a tendency to affect everything else in my life as well. If I can’t get out my ideas one way or another, I often end up getting frustrated about everything else as well as my ideas, and I know I annoy the people around me during these periods of my life. But hopefully, this dreadful period where I vary between “I can’t get enough time to write everything down” and “I have nothing at all to write down” will pass soon and I’ll be back to my creative, happy and not so stressed self.
As for my social life, it’s been blossoming lately. Despite being busy with everything and also being exhausted a lot of the time, I try to make time for everyone in my life and see them as often as possible. I spend a lot of time with my boyfriend and my best friend, but also make time for social events as often as I can without emotionally falling apart from a too busy schedule (you all know I value my own, private time and need it to feel like I’m staying sane, haha). I, for example, attended Österbottniska Nationens gulisintagning (which is what first year students go through here at ÅA, often involving fun tasks and challenges, and it was amazing! (No, this is not my first year here, but other students are allowed to attend as well, and I regret nothing!) Meeting the first year students is often a lot of fun, because it makes you think back at how confused and stressed you were your first year, when nothing really fell into place but you somehow still managed to stay alive and have a lot of fun in the process. If you’re a first year student reading this (not just at ÅA, anywhere in the world): You’re going to have a great time and you’ll make tons of new friends! The world will seem so much bigger and brighter, and I’m so excited for you to experience this!
Overall, I think life is going fine. I’m stressed, like everyone at any university ever, but it’s okay, because everything I’m experiencing right now is insanely positive! A huge thank you to my best friend who keeps me afloat during all of this, and to my boyfriend who supports all the weird ideas I get! I love both of you, so very much!

I realise now that I’ve been rambling on for quite the while, so if you made it this far: congratulations, you’re probably more patient (or bored) than most of my followers! Thanks for sticking around, and I hope to see you all soon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment