Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A Writer At Heart

   One of the most difficult things with wanting to be a writer, and studying something completely different (I think most people would agree that oceonological and environmental biology is quite the opposite of creative writing) is that my priorities are completely twisted. Far too often my thought process goes "I have a test tomorrow? Oh but look at this half-written short story about penguins!".
Bildresultat för write   It's not that I don't do my assignments or study for my tests, because I do. I study a lot and spend time doing things for school, but I have always and probably always will enjoy and spend more time on my creative work. Though I am passionate about the things I actually do study, writing will always be my first and biggest passion, that's never going to change. I love creating, that's just the way it is, and no matter that the job market is tough for everyone who wants to do anything creative at all, I will always work harder doing this than anything else in the entire world.
   I think most people who write feel this way; that the other things aren't as important as all the stories floating around in your head, that haven't yet made it down on paper. However, that's only if you're truly passionate about what you do. I remember reading "if the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning is writing, you're a writer" once, many years ago. These words have stuck with me since then. I continue to follow them today, and I probably always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment