Thursday, May 11, 2017

Summer Plans

Bildresultat för summerThe older you get, the more your view of summer changes. When you're a kid, summer is all about running around aimlessly, having fun playing in the yard, long days in the sun playing with your friends. When you're a teenager, it's all about hanging out with people you like, being grateful for not having to go to school for a few months. When you're an adult, however, your view of summer changes from fun to something else.
Most adults who are attending some kind of school (university/college) use the summer for summer classes or for earning money to pay for your next year's studies. Many of my friends are going to spend the entire summer working, very few doing something they actually want to do, or like. Somehow, I find this very sad. I wish summers were still made for fun, not centered around how much you'll be able to earn, to keep your life afloat the following year.
I myself will of course be working as well, but I hope to still be able to find time for my friends and for improving myself this summer. I'm thinking of learning Russian/French/Mandarin or maybe some more German, reading several of the classics, and of course, working on improving my work online. I'm also hoping for time to continue to write my novel, which has been suffering a lot due to my stress and my tight schedule during this school year.
This summer, I'll be living at my parent's for part of it, since that's where I'll be working, and I really look forward to it. A lot of my friends still live at home, and I look forward to being able to spend time with them, I'm going to see a play my sister is starring in, and I'm going to spend so much time with my pets.
I'm looking forward to summer, I really am, even though the meaning of summer has changed a lot. I hope to have time for all the things I haven't had the time for, or the opportunity to do, when living in the city (which is a surprising amount of things), especially cuddling with my pets, since I'm not allowed to have any in my apartment.
I hope all of you have interesting summer plans as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment