Saturday, May 13, 2017

An Early Mother's Day present

Since mother's day is celebrated this sunday, this wednesday I decided to do something out of the ordinary for me; I spontaneously booked train tickets to go home this weekend, to come see my mom (and of course my other family as well, but mostly mom) and yesterday I jumped on the train, taking on a 500 kilometre journey to come see them. My mother had no idea, since I planned the whole thing as a surprise, with my dad as an accomplice.
I loved seeing her this happy, and I don't regret taking the journey up here. I'm also having a lot of fun with my siblings. My brother has grown even taller, and now runs faster than me. I took my sister in to the city, she's now part of a theatre group and has a concert with her singing group during summer. I'm fascinated with how much things have changed here, and I'm really happy to be home again. I miss my apartment though, and I miss the lively city. I miss having everything close, and I miss my friends.
I love getting to spend time with my family for once, since I so rarely have the time to come home. I've even happily done the dishes, just because I could. I'm going to watch the hockey game in their company during the afternoon. I honestly don't think this could have gone any better, and I'm honestly sad that I have to go home so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment