Friday, July 14, 2017

Day #194

There are very few things in life worth more than friends and acquaintances. I have always loved being around people, more so people that I like/are close to me. Today I got to spend some quality time with an old friend from high school, enjoying a soft, silky mango smoothie and the pleasant conversation and company. It was really fun, and not having seen her in what seemed like forever, we had a lot to share a ton of stories. She told me a lot about her work, her summer and I shared stories from my life in Åbo, telling her about my boyfriend and how we met, my apartment, and all the wonderful people I’ve met during my time there.
We also went clothes shopping, me being the only one who found something (again, even though I didn’t need any more clothes), and then shared some ice cream and some other stuff, discussing weekend plans and plans for the future.
Today I realised I should keep the people I care about closer, and that I really should be keeping in contact with them a lot more. I should try harder to tell them how much I actually care about them, showing them that I love them more often. I’m really bad at keeping in touch though, so it’ll probably take a lot of time before I actually get good at it.
So that’s the positive choice for today; spending some time with an old friend, and then realising something very important about myself. Self realization is the key to improvement.
I'm looking forward to improving myself more based on what I realized today, and if you're my friend, I hope that you know that I love you a lot, and care about you, even though I'm quite bad at showing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment