Thursday, July 6, 2017

Day #186

Bildresultat för workaholic So remember when I told you guys about how much I was working on all kinds of projects, typing out over 20.000 words per day? Turns out, that was nothing compared to what I’ve done today. I’ve typed almost 2000 words for just the blog posts posted today, and a couple more hundred for the blog posts for tomorrow, my hands are now hurting from all the typing and now I think I’ve actually deserved going to sleep, hopefully well too since last night’s sleep was awful and I’ve been tired all day. But this post is not about complaining about my lack of sleep. I can honestly say I have never been this productive, in anything at all and now I’m suddenly typing for hours.
However, I’ve noticed that this isn’t really one of the favorite things about my creative life. My inspiration goes in waves, such large ones and now I’m currently stuck in one of the really large waves of “holy hell I’m so inspired to stay up all night and write tens of thousands of words on every single project I’ve ever started and I’m so excited!”-like inspiration, after being stuck in an almost endless loop of “oh my God, everything I do creatively sucks and I suck and good Lord, where is my inspiration?!”.
The waves of creative inspiration is a really interesting thing, since sometimes I’m so excited about writing I’ll stay up until five in the morning, typing word after word in an almost trance-like state and sometimes I can’t write a single sentence and I can’t do something about the unforgiving face of a blank sheet of paper staring judgmentally back at me from my computer screen.
I’m really grateful about the inspiration though, but I’m starting to feel like I’m turning into a tiny bit of a workaholic, spending so much time writing that I barely have the time to do anything else during the day.

Bildresultat för workaholic
However, I know this wave of tons of inspiration will pass and I’ll soon be in a calmer state of mind, where I can actually concentrate on other things than my writing and forwarding my creative path. Right now I’m just really grateful to be this inspired and motivated for working.

(Photo sources: The Fresh Quotes & LinkedIn)

No comments:

Post a Comment