Sunday, July 2, 2017

Day #183

I’ve never taken an interest in sports, except when I was riding horses as a kid. I loved that, but grew out of it somewhat, and after that, my interest in sports faded to that of hockey, where I followed our country’s team whenever they competed on an international level.
Although recently I’ve started to take an interest in soccer, despite the interest not being for my own sake. My boyfriend plays, and as I’ve taken an interest in his activity, I’ve grown quite fond of doing so. I like seeing how happy he is when I come to one of his games, or watch one with him on tv. I don’t think I enjoy the sport itself, but I do enjoy watching his face light up when things go well.
Today was partially spent watching one of his games. If anyone else had asked me to come, I would have declined, and if I by some miracle had shown up, I probably would have fallen asleep by halftime. But in this scenario, I actually almost enjoyed myself. It's amazing what kind of a perspective a single person can bring into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment