Saturday, July 22, 2017

I Buzzed My Hair; the Aftermath


When I cut my hair, people came to me with many concerns. Don’t you think you’ll regret it? What if you don’t like it? What will people say about you?

Now, it’s been almost a month since I buzzed my hair off to only a couple of millimeters, and in hindsight, I can honestly say that it gave me more than I could have ever imagined. The response and what people said about me alone was a pleasant surprise. I’ve been called brave several times, all because of a haircut. People also asked me if it was a feminist-thing, to which I replied no. Although I consider myself to be a feminist, and I strongly believe in equality, my hair has absolutely nothing to do with that.
When it comes to not liking or to regretting my new haircut, there is only one thing I can say: never. I’d never not love how I look with really short hair, and I will never regret buzzing it.
If you’ve ever wondered what you’d look like without/with really short hair, I strongly recommend you try it. I’ve always believed in taking chances, really going for it when I find something that I want, and my life has turned out great because of that. If you have goals, if you’ve found something that you desire in life, I strongly suggest you do it, because really; What’s the worst that could happen?
There is one thing that I didn't consider before cutting my hair, something I was very disappointed in my bald friends for not telling me: mosquitoes tend to bite your scalp.
If you'd like to read the original post, you can do that by clicking here!

1 comment: