Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I Buzzed My Hair

I buzzed my hair yesterday. Having thought about doing it for almost three years, I figured maybe it was finally time to take the plunge. I’ve had short hair before, you’re all aware of that. But buzzing my hair has been on my bucket list for ages, and now I can finally cross it off.
So why did I do it? Is there an ulterior motive behind all of this hair-cutting? No there really isn’t, and here comes the only reason: I wanted to.
In an age where women are able to do almost everything they want, in a large amount of places on Earth, people were worried about me cutting my hair. We can become CEO’s, president, politicians… And people were concerned when I wanted shorter hair. But honestly, I was worried at first too, thinking things like “What if people won’t want to be with me because of my hair?” and “Will it make me less attractive?”.
Then I realised something very important; if people make a choice to not be with you because of how you look, they’re not worth your time. and they’re probably extremely shallow. I came to the conclusion that even if it turned out hideous, I would gain life experience, I wouldn’t have to wonder what I’d look like with buzzed hair, and it would eventually grow back.
I cut my hair because I wanted to, and no, I don’t regret it. I think I look the best I’ve looked in months, and I feel adorable. I consider this to be a step forward, and something that I’ll probably always be thankful for doing.

I’ll always get to view this as life experience, and I’m proud of myself for finally doing it.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, it looks SO INCREDIBLY GOOD! You're absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete