Sunday, June 11, 2017

When I Was Younger

Bildresultat för fancy pens   When I was younger (around the time when I was maybe 13 or 14), I was completely set on becoming a famous writer. I was going to write tons of moving novels, poems and short stories... I was going to move poeple with my words, making impressions and focusing on things that are really important, improving the world small steps at a time. That was one of the most important things I wanted to do with my life, change things for the better.
   And now, when I'm young and should be starting that journey, I can't seem to find the energy. I have lots of ideas that I'm passionate about and I really like, but I never really locate the fire to make it through the entire project. Poems and short stories are a piece of cake, but the novels drive me crazy. I used to type out chapter after chapter, and be able to write several hours every day, now I barely type a couple words a day, never really finishing a project longer than a few pages.
   I have no idea what changed, I don't know what happened to me. Maybe I changed, maybe I'm stressed, maybe my writing style changed, maybe nothing happened and I just had too many things to do that had nothing to do with writing. A part of me wishes I could get that back, but I have a feeling I'm not going to.
   I have a lot of things to work on, I think. I still want to be an author, I still want to be able to live doing what I love, and I know that if I'd be able to get that fire back, the same passion I used to have for the literature of others and myself. I want to write, I really do, but I can't figure out what changed in my mind making me inable to write the things I want to, the projects I like and love when I start working with them.
   I think I might gain it back, but I'm not sure. I'm going to try, at least. I really want to become an author, at least at some point in my life. I still love writing, I really do. I love making impressions through my poetry and short stories, reaching my readers with blog posts and sharing my ideas using words as my medium. I only wish I'd get bettter at it again.
(photo credit: Team Liquid)

No comments:

Post a Comment