Saturday, June 10, 2017

Just A Week

   In just one week, I'll be done here in Åbo, and I'll get to go home. I have my exams left, and some reading still to do, but I've begun taking care of all the things I need to take care of before I leave, and soon enough, I'll be ready and travelling back north.
   I'm spending the summer at my parents house, sleeping in my own room, and I'm really looking forward to it. Despite having to leave my apartment, and most of my stuff, I'm actually thrilled about getting to spend all that time. I miss the country, I miss my cat, and I've missed my siblings. And, of course, I'm going to miss my apartment here (this picture is actually taken right when I moved in, the only furniture in the apartment being my bed), but I'm also really looking forward to going home.
   There is so much to be grateful about when I get to go home for so long. I'm going to see all the friends I have that still live at home, I'm going to see my sister's debut in her first play, I'm going to work, I get to see my boyfriend regularly and I get to actually be in a silent environment (which is rare when you live really close to the hospital). I'm going to try finishing my novel, work on my drawings and read all the books I haven't had the time for this year.
   Going home also makes me realize that I've been living on my own for almost a year, had this blog over a year, and (almost) completed my first year of university. I don't think I ever really understood that I'm actually going to be an adult, although I knew it logically. I don't think we are very aware of our own aging.
   I'm slowly but surely realizing I'm actually an adult now, and I'm both overjoyed and terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment