Monday, June 19, 2017

MIA

Okay, before anyone says anything; I know I’ve been MIA in the past few days, I haven’t updated anything, posted stuff anywhere and I’ve been quiet for quite some time. So get ready for a rambling, explanatory post about my weekend, yay!
Friday was filled with “have to’s”; my exam, cleaning the apartment, every inch of it, paying some bills and packing the things I needed for summer. Completely exhausted, I clocked out around 2 a.m, only to wake up five hours later, when I had to get ready for the busride, something that I did not at all appreciate.
Travelling by bus isn’t something I prefer, but since I am a student (and my budget shows it) I do it because it’s cheap. Not getting a lot of sleep the previous night caused me to fall asleep several times on the bus, thankfully not deep enough to miss my stop. Almost seven hours after getting on, I finally stepped out, grabbed my bags and waited for my parents to come pick me up, which they did quite soon after. The evening was spent with eating, talking to my family, taking a walk with the family dog and my brother, taking a quick shower and then jumping into my car.
The weather during Saturday evening was thankfully pretty okay, since the last of my night was spent outside. Only a slight drizzle disturbed the beautiful skies. Sitting by the lake me and my company were under attack by mosquitoes, but we survived that as well as the rain.
Today has been even more busy. As soon as I got up I helped my mother prep for the birthday party my brother was having, taking out some rugs, doing the dishes and some other, small chores. The guests arrived around 1 p.m., and everyone managed to have a fun time. I very much enjoyed getting to see my cousins, whom I haven't seen in almost a full year. After discussing some darwinism and other important theories in biology, and talking quite a bit about family history with my mom and dad, I changed into something less formal (i.e. from a dress to jeans) and went to see my boyfriend, since we had made plans for the evening.
None of us are really keen on celebrating each month you’ve spent with a person, but since this one was our first, we decided to celebrate anyway. We chose going out to eat as our activity, and before we left, he surprised me with roses, something only one person has done for me before. Itwas a very pleasant gift, I enjoy flowers. We took a small walk along the beach, admiring the view, taking in the gorgeous surroundings and accidentally stepping too close to a bird’s nest  and getting chased away very angrily. Mommy birds can be very defensive, but thankfully they didn't actually hurt us, just flew around us in circles, making intense loud noises.
It is now past midnight and I’m sitting on my bed, completely exhausted. Falling asleep tonight is going to be such a blessing, because even though all the things I’ve done have been a lot of fun, I, just like everyone else, have a limited amount of energy. I’m hoping for a good night’s sleep.

The sun is still setting outside my window, making the sky a beautiful, glowing pink. I’m getting increasingly sleepy. Tomorrow will be a new day, filled with different adventures. I'm supposed to start working, which I'm looking forward to. After a whole year of mental assignments, I think I'll appreciate doing something more physically active. I'm also thinking about going for a bike ride, but the jury's still out on that one.
I'll stop here, for now. There are a lot of other things that I could tell you, and I'm probably going to, but right now I need my sleep to be a priority, and since I'm going to try to get out of bed at a reasonable time tomorrow, now seems like a good time to try going to sleep (I'm saying "try", since somehow, a mosquito has found her way into my room, and the noise is bugging me).
Goodnight from my childhood room!


No comments:

Post a Comment