Monday, June 5, 2017

I'm 20

   As some of you may know (especially if you know me personally) my birthday was yesterday, making me a full 20 years old. I have now lived for a fifth of a century, and I've stopped being a teenager.
   Most people I know would probably celebrate their 20th birthday by going out drinking with their friends, but I didn't. The largest part of the important people in my life are currently very far away from me (having left for summer already, or still living at home). I did, however, have an excellent birthday, and got quite the surprise.
   My boyfriend's brother was graduating, so I knew he was going to be in town, though I had no idea he'd stay for this long (I've just dropped him off at the train station). He stayed two extra days just to spend my birthday with me, and I don't think I've ever felt so appreciated before. He also spoiled me with gifts (seen here), of which the mango scrub is my favorite, and cooked for me during the day.
   During the evening, I felt tired, so our plan to eat sushi for dinner was quickly changed (we did that today instead), instead I took a bubble bath and we ate icecream while watching horror movies.
   I honestly think this was one of my better birthdays in recent years. Getting to spend the entire day with someone who means so much to me and I've missed for several days was one of the best gifts I've ever gotten.
   I may not have partied my bottom off during my birthday, but it was still great. I do plan on celebrating with my friends as soon as I get home after the summer exam, and I'm greatly looking forward to it.
   I'd also like to thank everyone who's sent me cards in the mail, know that they were greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment