Thursday, June 29, 2017

People pleaser

I’ve had this thing since I was a little kid. I’ve always wanted everyone around me, me myself included, to be happy and if they haven’t been, I’ve taken personal responsibility. I want everyone to be overjoyed with life, and I want them to feel like they can count on me. Every single time a friend asks me for a favor, I say yes. When they call to rant/cry/talk about something, I pick up the phone, no matter what time of day it is. I’m a people pleaser.
Every time I have to put something on hold for a while, I feel guilty. If someone I’m close to feels bad about something, I make it my personal mission to make them feel better again, no matter how much of my time it takes and what I have to do. If someone is stressed, I take some of their burden off in every way I can, if someone has relationship problems, I listen and give advice. I’m always there.
Every day, when I wake up, I have a list of things to do that will take more time than I have in my day, and if I have to skip something or push something forward to tomorrow, I feel incredibly guilty and I overthink it.

Some might say being an altruist, a people pleaser or being busy is a good thing, but they’ve clearly never tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment