Monday, October 30, 2017

5 Horror Movies You Need To Watch This Halloween!

Since Halloween is tomorrow, I though it would only be fair to recommend a couple of horror movies for you guys to watch. If you want to read about the movies more in dept, you can click their titles here on the list.
1. Lights Out
Image result for lights outOne of the very few horror movies that have left me shaken (and for quite a while afterwards, I might add), Lights Out is a movie I'd recommend only for those who have a strong stomach and are not afraid of the dark, but I would recommend it with all my heart. The characters are extremely well written, and I have nothing to complain about when it comes to plot, scenery or anthing else. I'm not an easily scared person, but this movie really managed to shake me. I still haven't figure out if it's the story, the twist on mental illnes, the play on the fear of darkness, the terrifying "monster" character in the film or the movie just being horrifying in general, but thinking about it still sends cold shivers up and down my spine.
2. The Conjuring 2
Image result for the conjuring 2If you dare to call yourself a horror fan, and have not yet seen this movie, I don't believe you earn the title as a fan of the horror genre. An amazing piece of art (one of the few movies I dare to call art), this movie is not in itself all that scary, but the evil personified in it is, to say the least, horrifying. The first time I saw this movie, it walked straight into my heart, left a hold and gripping it tightly, and stayed. I would honestly dare to call this movie an actual masterpiece. The movie is wellwritten, the scenery amazing, and the actors impeccable. Though most of you have probably already seen this movie, especially if you're part of the people who only tune in to read my movie reviews, however, I don't think any list of amazing horror movies could be called complete if this movie wasn't on it.
3. The Descent
Image result for the descentPickig a movie containing a lot of gore is absolutely mandatory, but it still joys me greatly to place this movie on my list. This movie is amazing, carefully plucking the strings of claustrophobia and the fear of something that's almost human, but not really, an age old fear placed so deep inside our minds we're horrified at the sight of something like that. The Descent is an amazing film, though not a personal favorite, and definetly worth watching! The movie is old, but gold. I have always loved claustrophobic horror movies, and I would recommend this movie to anyone brave enough to enjoy it. Fair warning, it contains a large amount of blood, guts and horrific events.
4. It - Chapter One
Image result for it 2017No list would be complete without mentioning the amazing Stephen Kings new release as of this year. His work always needs to icluded, it would get close to blasphemy as far as I'm concerned. Although in the genre of horror, I didn't find the movie all that scary. It is however an amazing film, captivating and sometimes even hilarious, more than worthy of your time. Jokes that plays well with the actor's ages, actors who performed amazingly one might add. The wellknown author never disappoints, not even in movie form. I loved every second of that movie, and I will probably watch it again as soon as I have the time. If you're into Stephen King, horror or just scary clowns in general, I highly recommend you watch this film, it's something you won't regret spending your time doing.
5. A Cure For Wellness
Related imageA personal favorite movie of mine, this film walked into my heart as soon as I watched it the first time with my sister when she visited in spring. The movie was amazing, wellwritten, the actors mostly fresh faces (something that's actually quite refreshing) and the scenery it was shot in was mindblowingly beautiful. The movie is not particularly scary, more unsettling than horrifying, in several different ways. The film was something very different, yet something that I have, and probably will in the future, watching the movie time after time. If you have any kind of interest in horror movies you should definetly watch this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment