Thursday, October 5, 2017

The History of My Writing

Image result for writing I’ve always known I wanted to write. It’s been a passion of mine since I first learned to write, creating short stories at an early age, about my personal interests and dreams at the time. I still have some of those stories left in my room at home, and remember them fondly (although quite embarrassing and badly written). I will always consider those stories as the first sign that I should become a writer, no matter if I succeed in publishing, or if I’ll just keep to posting blog posts here.
I started my first blog at 12, when I realised I might be interested in something of that sort. I wrote there for about two months, before taking a break for almost a whole year. I started two other blogs, keeping them up a couple of months, before taking them down and giving up on them. The first blog I kept up longer, was started when I turned 15, and I continued writing for almost one and a half years. Not being happy about that particular site’s layout, which wasn’t as easy to edit as the one I’m currently using, I regretfully took it down and started fresh, here.
My first blog using blogger, was very dear to me. After a dispute with google, a complete misunderstanding on their part, I was angry and sad, deciding to start fresh again. The first post was up the same day the blog was created, titled “penkkis” and posted second of february 2016, about one and a half years ago. This post was among the most read ones for almost a full year (if you wish to read it, click here). At this point, I was still blogging in Swedish, something that changed about half a year later, when the blog became more international.
One and a half years and four hundred posts later, my audience has grown, I’ve become accustomed to using more than one kind of media, and I have no plans of continuing to change and improve my work. I’m so grateful for all of your support, all the comments I’ve gotten over the years and for everyone appreciating and sharing my posts. You keep rising in numbers, and I’m still baffled that someone could think of my life and thoughts as interesting.
I have no plans to stop blogging and working towards a career in writing, and I’ll try to continue improving my writing, the photos and the videos completing the blog. I have you to thank for all of this, thank you for appreciating my work and my passions. You’ve brought me here, and you will continue to encourage me to move forward.
(Image source: writing.com)

1 comment: