Friday, October 6, 2017

The New Changes

   As you may have noticed, there has been some changes in the blogs exterior looks. I felt a change was due, since I had kept the same design up for quite some time, and I felt it was time for some well-needed change around here (if you haven't been here long: every once in a while, I tend to get bored with how everything looks and want to change everything about all of the things I'm currently doing).
   I was also considering changing the name of the blog, but realised I was too fond of the old one, and the new ones didn't really capture me and my creative approach the same way, no matter how much I thought about it. I had a lot of thinking to do, before I settled on the moderate change that has now occured. What do you think? Is the old or the new design better? Leave a comment below regarding your feedback.
   I also feel the new caption beneath my blog's headline captures my message more than the previous one ("creativity isn't a trait, it's a way of life") and I'm much more pleased with how the mobile version looks compared to the old one (example picture is seen here on the left).
   The colors are a bit more dull and discreet, but I'm counting on colorful pictures and inspiring texts to balance this out. I also love the fact that for once, everything is matching shades of grey instead of a blurry blue, grey and then some white, darker grey and black to top it off, which characterized the previous one. I'm actually quite pleased with how this one turned out, though it will take some getting used to...
   Among the other changes made, I also decided to redesign the other pages of the blog, for example the one regarding my personal introduction (the about section found above), partly to update the information and also because it looked so boring. The pictures on these pages were also outdated, and upon improving them, I also added more recently taken pictures. I decided to add a page regarding my other social medias as well, if some of you were still wondering about those. I also noticed that having only 3 posts to be viewed per page was quite little, and to balance out the long side menu, I decided to include 4 posts instead.
   Overall, I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out. I still have a few things that I might change, but other than that, the change is finally complete and I have a lot of things to reconsider, update and so on. It'll take some getting used to, but at the moment, I am very happy with how things changed. Hopefully, you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment