Sunday, October 15, 2017

I'm going home! (The other one)

   I'm currently sitting on a train on my way back from my weekend away from the city. I'm sitting with Theo as our train runs straight through the surrounding autumn darkness and a small part of me can't wait to get back home to the apartment. Though I'm sure I'll miss everyone at home a lot, I can't help but admit how nice coming back will be. I've missed the city I've started to consider as my own, and I look forward to taking a hot shower.
Don't get me wrong. I loved beeing at home, spending time with my family, relatives and friends was awesome. I already miss them and look forward to seeing them the next time. But it's also very very energy consuming to go home for a weekend. Because if you visit home as rarely as I do, everyone will want to meet you. I feel like I've spent more time around people in the past 48 hours than I've done in several weeks, though it's probably not true. And though I love all the people I spent time with, I'm also looking forward to having some much needed alone time, where I can do something completely by myself, before next week starts up again, and I have to do everything at once. (Also, next week my sister is coming to visit! I'm so thrilled!)
   For now, I'll try to relax a bit by listening to some music on the train and not think too much about the things I'm doing the incoming week.
   I hope all of you had an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment